Hey internet earthlings! From my grocery haul (in my last post) I gathered all of my ingredients and started prep. I usually don’t use this much ingredients but I really enjoyed making it and it tasted delicious! So what I have pictured below is everything I used (I just didn’t use the pepper, or garlic salt): jasmine rice, naan, petite peas, cilantro, heirloom tomato, white onion, lime, broccoli, curry sauce and garbanzo beans.
Here’s how I got the dish pictured below:
1. Chop white onion. I used about 1/3 of my small onion. Heat up a pan with a little olive oil and cook the onions for a minute.
2. Next, open the can of garbanzo beans, rinse in a colander, drain. Add to the pan. Cook for a few minutes, 5 or so, on medium to warm them up.
3. Add the curry sauce to the pain and cook for 3-5 minutes. I just keep an eye on it and not for a certain amount of time. Add a few leaves of cilantro.
4. Chop up 1/4 cup tomato and add to the pan.
5. Put 1/4-1/2 cup frozen peas into a microwaveable bowl and put a paper towel over them for 3 minutes. Set aside.
6. Put the trader joes jasmine rice package in the microwave for 3 minutes. Mix in peas.
7. I just bought the naan from trader joes and cut up some raw broccoli. I wanted a raw element on my plate.
It was SO good and I’m so glad and proud of myself for cooking this delicious meal! I’ve never had Indian food so I wanted to kind of make my own version of it. Let me know if you try it out! It was seriously delicious!!
Thank you so much for reading this vegan dinner post here at healthy&handmade! Always remember to think positive and love yourself!