It’s definitely 107 degrees out today, but I found this recipe and I had to make it! Slaving away over the stove seems terrible in this smoldering heat, but it wasn’t that bad because it doesn’t take very long! It is honestly SO worth the heat if you ask me! I found it on MariaMeridith.com through Pinterest and you can find her original recipe here! I ended up changing her recipe a little bit here and there so I wanted to link hers while showing you mine! Here’s my version:
Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup
- 8 oz brown rice stick noodles
- 1.5 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp thai red curry paste
- 1.5 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 cups veggies broth
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
- small handful of cilantro, chopped
- 2 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 small jalapeño, sliced
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the rice noodles, cook for 3 minutes (even though the package may say to cook for 4-5 min) and drain in cold water.
- Combine the garlic, ginger and curry paste in a small bowl, mince and mash them together. Add the coconut oil & combine well.
- In a large pot, heat the curry paste mash over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the broth and deglaze the pot. Add the coconut milk and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add the drained noodles and let them cook and soak up the hot broth for 2 minutes. Add in carrots, the white part of the green onions, and a few slices of jalapeño (if you like it spicier).
- Divide the soup among serving bowls and serve garnished with cilantro, jalapeños, and the rest of the green onions.
- Enjoy & share! 🙂
Hope you try this out or save it for a colder day! I highly recommend you try it if you love red curry! You will not be disappointed! Would be amazing over rice as well. If you snap a pic and post it to Instagram, tag me! I’d love to see if you like it as much as I do!
Thank you for stopping by and checking out this recipe here at healthy&handmade! Always remember to eat ya veggies, think positive, & LOVE yourself! Hope y’all are having a wonderful week so far.